How to Japan

how to make sushi, wear kimono, create bonsai-tree and lots more!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

How to eat Sushi 1

I do love sushi. It is not too much to say that I cannot live without sushi. That is why I have started cooking sushi by myself because it is pricey. Cooking sushi is very fun because I can arrange sushi the way I like such as size of sushi and volume of sushi rice. Moreover, I do love eating. I cannot imagine how fun eating sushi that I made after cooking. Eating sushi with many people gives me a lot of entertainment. I have had many sushi parties at home and I came up with one question - how to eat sushi. Do you use chopsticks or use your hands?

From my observation, 87% of people use chopsticks and rest of 13% is their hands. The reason why? Most of chopstick user say that they don't like to have sticky hands after eating sushi. Asian people are used to use chopsticks for their meals. Therefore, they do not have hard time to use chopsticks. How about any other people besides Asia? If you are not familiar with chopsticks, it might be easier to use your hands to eat sushi. It is fast. However, if you could get a chance to go to Japanese or Asian restaurant, please try to use chopsticks one time which gives you a enjoyable challenge.

It was said that it would be a traditional way to use their hands to eat sushi but the time have been changing in terms of food culture, but as long as you are having fun to eat sushi, there is not such a rule how to eat sushi. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home